BLACK ENVIRONMENTAL LEADERS MEMBER ORGANIZATIONS
Research confirms the view that being African American in the US is an indication of social vulnerability. This results in black communities continuing to bear a disproportionate share of the harmful effects of pollution or environmental hazards because of lack in economic and environmental clout. Further, because most mainstream green and economic development organizations along with entities within the built environment, water, food and health sectors are led by predominately white staffs and boards, many communities of color are left out of the decision-making processes.
There is also an increased awareness of the need for and value of equity in the environmental and economic development space with varied degrees of implementation, leading to many internal discussions about how to achieve greater degrees of equity.
The Black Environmental Leaders Association operates a network of environmental information, resources and data relevant to black communities.
Its value proposition is to Advocate, Incubate and Inform (AI²).
Membership Levels and what do you get with membership level
Free subscription to our BEL e-newsletter, where you’ll be the first to hear about environmental news, new technologies, classes and events!
- All the benefits of the Community Membership
- Special member offers
- A free listing in the member directory
- All the benefits of the Contributing Membership
- Discounted tickets for BEL events
- Contribute one article to BEL e-Newsletter
- All the benefits of the Supporting Membership
- Guest Presenter on a BEL Webinar
- ½ page in one BEL Event Publication
- All the benefits of the Sustaining Membership
- Two (2) Passes to VIP BEL Events
- Guest Presenter at BEL Event
- Full Color Page in one BEL Event Publication