Together we are Ringing the BEL for Environmental and Economic Justice.
Advocate, Incubate and Inform (AI²)
- Incorporate the Equity Manifesto
- Develop standards to inform policy
- Maintain formalized, intentional and proactive messaging and communications
- Leverage and amplify the interconnected vision of the BEL membership
- Foster education regarding the natural and built environment for Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) Communities
- Facilitate a safe space to explore racial justice through authentic engagement
- Host and sponsor conferences and convenings
- Distribute relevant publications and Content
- Build membership capacity through shared resources and experiences
- Facilitate BIPOC representation on governing boards, advisory commissions, contracts and employment referrals/recommendations
- Provide trusted data for members
- Share relevant data for BIPOC communities
- Interpret data at the intersection of equity, the environment and economic justice
- Inform the larger environmental community using contextualized data, with a focus on issues impacting BIPOC and underrepresented communities
Mission of BEL
Black Environmental Leaders Association (BEL) stands as stewards of the natural and built environment through collaboration and partnership, to raise awareness and advocate for environmental and economic justice.
Vision of BEL
We work collectively to provide a forum for community environmental education which can serve as the basis of a deeper understanding and commitment to land, water, air, transportation and energy issues that impact our economic bottom line, through the lens of health, diversity, inclusion and equity.
Values of BEL
Service to others